Instructional videos are a very important tool often used to educate healthcare providers on safe use of medical devices. They provide a great platform to deliver detailed and easy-to-digest instructions whether the device is of a more complicated nature or not. Video can be a great complement to printed tools, but when is the last time you referred to the product insert for directions?
As an end-user, as well as an educator, I’ve found videos to be an efficient way to understand the appropriate application of a new device, as well as how it differs from similar or competing products. This information can be critical to ensure your patient is receiving the safest and most cost-effective treatment possible. Additionally, there are product features that just can’t be demonstrated well in print or other mediums.
Advancements in computer-generated imagery (CGI) and related technology during recent years has made it easier for smaller companies to provide high-quality video tools once only offered by large companies with a budget to match.
I’m excited to announce that the first educational video for ReliaTect Post-Op Dressing with CHG is now available to support training needs. At first, it may appear excessive to provide video instructions for a product with application steps mirroring that of a basic adhesive bandage. However, due to the proprietary nature of the Benehold™ CHG technology and the unique set of attributes it provides this observational incision management tool, important product considerations and benefits may otherwise be missed.
- Moisture Management: ReliaTect provides this via 2 separate components…
- Absorption – The hydrophilic nature of the wound contact layer adhesive allows it to absorb exudate (1). This results in a hydrogel-like material between the incision and dressing and is unique to ReliaTect. Without the video, the gel may be misinterpreted and result in a premature and unnecessary dressing change.
- Breathability – The oxygen and moisture vapor exchange is nearly impossible to see with the naked eye, but important to create an environment conducive to wound healing.
- Antimicrobial activity of CHG
- Inhibits microbial growth within the dressing, prevents external contamination, and supports a wear time of up to 7 days (1).
- Antimicrobial contact layer is clear so it’s presence isn’t as obvious as other antimicrobial dressings
- Supports the patient returning to their standard hygiene routine
- Reduces risk of incontinence-related contamination
- Supports frequent monitoring of incision, eliminating need to remove dressing and associated replacement costs (1)
I hope you find this video valuable in understanding the appropriate use of ReliaTect, its unique features and how it can support hospitals in achieving their goals related to Outcomes, Quality & Cost.
Eloquest Healthcare is committed to providing solutions that can help you reduce the risk of post-operative wound contamination. For more information, or to request a sample of ReliaTect® Post-Op Dressing with CHG, please contact your sales consultant or call Eloquest Healthcare®, Inc. at 1-877-433-7626
- Data on file. Avery Dennison Corporation.