Sales Consultant manages hospitals in assigned territory in accordance with marketing plans, promotional strategies and company policies. Sales consultant gains formulary acceptance and department utilization of products by working effectively with members of hospital P&T committees, Value Analysis Committees, purchasing departments, physicians and nurses. Focus is to increase sales of Eloquest products and gain market share with the ultimate goal of greater profitability for the organization. Upload Resume
Sales Performance (65%)
- Attains or exceeds quarterly and annually established sales and marketing goals and objectives.
- Makes regular, personalized sales presentations to staff physicians, nurses, pharmacy and other key personnel to secure product commitment, usage or other predetermined objectives.
- Ensures appropriate product representation to gain formulary-approved status of Eloquest products.
- Represents Eloquest Healthcare as directed at key industry and professional meetings and conventions.
Team Communications & Leadership (5%)
- Keeps abreast of competitive activities, trends in therapy through fieldwork, conventions, meetings, literature and attending seminars.
- Works in concert with other Eloquest Healthcare employees as directed by management.
- Trains and assists new territory representatives as requested.
- Routinely communicates success stories, competitive information, and relevant ideas in a clear, effective manner to members of sales & marketing team.
MBO’s & Personal Growth (10%)
- Clearly communicates MBO’s and personal growth goals and is responsible for attaining the stated goals
- Assists with the design of programs to ensure personal and professional growth and development.
- Consistently performs tasks related to self- improvement (books, tapes, seminars).
Administrative Duties (20%)
- Maintains and utilizes accurate territory records and other control information to effectively organize, plan and manage a sales territory.
- Provides timely, accurate and actionable information to management relative to all matters of interest to the company.
- Uses sound judgment in expenditure of company funds and submits timely and accurate expense reports.
- Effectively manages product samples and complies with federal guidelines relating to the Dingel Bill and company policies
- Actively utilizes company sponsored communication tools to aid in territory management.
- Arranges and travels appropriately as it relates to effective territory management.
- Strictly adheres to expense guidelines as documented in company handbook.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of formulary approval process and hospital distribution procedures is preferred. Requires solid interpersonal, analytical and administrative skills. Must be able to complete routine overnight travel.
Requires 4 year degree with an emphasis in business or related sciences or 10 years selling experience (preferably in the hospital segment). Position requires minimum of 2 years outside business to business sales experience preferably in the medical industry.
EEO Employer/VET/Disabled. E-verify Participant.